The AP5000 is a rack amplifier with an integrated processor, for active speakers, and passive loudspeaker systems. This digital amplifier represents an industry first. Never before has the installation industry been offered a premier line of shallow 2U rack mounting power amplifiers with this level of flexibility and power density. It is now possible to buy “off the shelf” a product that integrates light-weight power supplies and high power sonically transparent class D amplifiers with full system monitoring and a fully featured networked 24 bit 96KHz DSP processing platform provided onboard as standard.
The AP5000 is designed to provide a solution rather than be just a component in a system.
The digital amplifier sounds superb, and this is not just our opinion. We realise that innovative designs and production techniques are of little value if audio performance is compromised.
Sonics are the heart of AP’s philosophy and we set extremely high standards for ourselves.
(1) Frequency response: +/- 3dB, measured at 3 meters, on axis, half-space conditions - MLSSA 1/3 octave
(2) Max peak SPL: Measured with music referred to 1 meter
(3) Crossover: Acoustical crossover frequency - at these frequency, transducers produce equal sound pressure level
(4) AES: Power handling is measured under AES standard conditions
(5) Power AMPS: Amplifier RMS output power per channel into 2 ohms, both channel driven